Skip to Main Content
Electronic Consent (eConsent)
- A student who consents to receive the 1098-T Form (IRS Tuition Statement) electronically, will not receive a paper copy of the 1098-T from.
- A student who chooses to receive the 1098-T Form electronically will continue to receive future 1098-T forms electronically until consent is withdrawn.
- You will be notified via your student UMass Lowell (UML) email account when your 1098-T Form is available. The subject line of the email will state “IMPORTANT TAX RETURN DOCUMENT AVAILABLE.”
- You will have access to your electronic 1098-T Form even when no longer actively enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Should you require assistance accessing your student account via SiS please contact the Help Desk.
- A student who chooses to receive the 1098-T Form electronically can also print a copy after logging into the Student information System (SiS).
- You will be notified if furnishing the 1098-T Form in an electronic mode is no longer feasible.
Withdrawal of Consent
- A student may withdraw consent to electronic delivery by completing the 1098-T Electronic Revoke eConsent form.
- The withdrawal of consent will take effect within 30 days of receipt of your request by the University of Massachusetts Lowell Student Financial Services Office.
- You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your withdrawal request with the effective date of withdrawal noted.
- A withdrawal of consent does not apply to a statement that was furnished electronically before the date on which the withdrawal takes effect.
- Verify and update if necessary, your contact information in SiS.
Paper 1098-T Form
- If a student does not consent to the electronic option, a paper copy of the 1098-T Form will be mailed to the student’s permanent address on file in SiS as of December 31. 1098-T Forms will be postmarked by January 31.
- Verify and update if necessary, your contact information in SiS no later than December 31.
- Electronic 1098-T Forms may be accessed via the Internet from any web-accessed computer.
- You will need an internet connection, web browser, and Adobe Acrobat reader or similar PDF reader software.
- For more information on the hardware and software available to UML students, please refer to the UML Information Technology For Student webpage.