Massachusetts state law requires that all students be enrolled in a student health insurance program that meets the comparable benefits established by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You may waive coverage if you have this coverage under a comparable benefit plan.
How to Enroll/Waive a Health Plan:
- Information for enrolling or waiving health insurance:
- Access the Waive/Enroll Health Insurance Form
- You must complete this online form every academic year you are enrolled.
Once you complete the online waiver process, you can see the charge removed on your Account Summary.
What is the University of Massachusetts Lowell Health Insurance?
For a complete description of the benefits available, limitations and exclusions please visit University Health Plans.
What are the state-mandated health insurance benefits?
Required benefits, subject to change, include:
- Comprehensive coverage of primary and preventative care, emergency services, surgical services, hospitalization benefits, ambulatory patient services and mental health benefits
- $50,000 maximum aggregate indemnity per illness or injury per year
- Coverage 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world, for a 12-month period with some exclusions, co-payments and deductibles