Skip to Main Content

Tax Information

Consult with a Tax Professional

UMass Lowell is unable to provide tax advice about your 1098-T. If you have questions about how to compute your education tax credit, consult your tax professional or the IRS or call the IRS Telephone Assistance Hotline at 800-829-1040.

These Internal Revenue Service (IRS) links offer tax-related assistance:

In 1997, the Taxpayer Relief Act established two education tax credits and a deduction for student loan interest. These credits are explained in Publication 970 from the IRS.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Use the knowledge base search above or contact the Solution Center.