The area coordinator at UMass Lowell is a senior staff member in the Office of Residence Life who is responsible for the overall management and supervision of a residential complex. This includes the supervision of student and graduate staff, development of programs, student behavior management, occupancy management, and response to needs of a large building or area.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, college student personnel administration, or related field
- 2 years of professional experience in Residence Life
- 2 years of student staff supervision experience
- 2 years of experience as a student conduct hearing officer
- Starting salary: $60,000 for 12 month contract
- Furnished apartment & University meal plan
Professional Employee Benefits
In addition to the compensation listed under each position type, professional staff are entitled to the following benefits.
- Parking: Resident directors and area coordinators are allocated one reserved parking space and must purchase a staff parking permit. Resident directors and area coordinators may also purchase additional parking permits for any live-in partners.
- Insurance: As a full time employee at UMass Lowell, you can choose from a variety of medical plans available from the Group Insurance Commission (GIC). Spouses and dependents may also be covered by benefits packages in accordance with insurance plan guidelines. Dental insurance is provided through the professional union.
- Employee Union SEIU 888: All full time, professional staff positions in Residence Life are members of the SEIU 888 Professional Union. The Union is available for any questions employees have regarding staff contracts.
- Meal Plan & Housing: All resident directors and area coordinators receive a fully furnished one or two bedroom (depending on area) apartment. Apartments include all utilities, internet, and cable television. Resident directors and area coordinators also receive a campus meal plan.
- Vacation, Sick Days, and Paid Holidays: Full time employees accrue vacation time at a rate of 20 days per year and sick time at a rate of 15 days per year. In addition to this full time employees also receive three personal days and 13 holiday days (during holidays when university is closed).