SEIU Local 888 Professional
This labor unit includes professional and administrative employees. General questions can be directed by email to: email@example.com.
Current Term September 1, 2021 - September 1, 2024
- Justin Lawler, Chapter President; email: Justin_Lawler@uml.edu
- Adam Dunbar, Chapter Vice President; email: Adam_Dunbar@uml.edu
- Kate Legee, Chief Steward; email: Kate_Legee@uml.edu
- Karina Cruz, Treasurer; email: Karina_Cruz@uml.edu
- Michael Bliss, Recording Secretary; email: Michael_Bliss@uml.edu
- Michael Kennedy, Membership Secretary; email: Michael_Kennedy@uml.edu
- North Campus Area Representative: Vacant
- South Campus Area Representative: Vacant
- East Campus Area Representative: Vacant
Contract Information (CBA)
- Collective Bargaining Agreement (pdf) - July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2023
Professional Position Pay Grades (P-Grades)
- Professional Position Ranges (pdf) - July 2022
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Benefits
- Enrollment & Change Form (pdf)
- Contact Information, Dental / Vision Questions - contact Linda Deluca by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEIU 888 Membership Application Form
Sick Leave Bank
Any SEIU 888 member who is interested in donating sick time to the sick bank can do so by filling out the Sick Leave Bank Form (pdf) and emailing it to our Membership Secretary, Michael Bliss at: Michael_Bliss@uml.edu.
Some employees accumulate far more time than they will actually need, and it can tremendously help other members with extreme circumstances if you donate. By donating at least one day one time, you will be eligible to draw from the sick bank yourself if you run out of PTO and have a catastrophic illness or injury. Thank you for considering donating to the sick leave bank and helping other members!
Note: You are not required to donate annually to be eligible to use the sick leave bank, but you must donate at least 1 day once. Members are encouraged to donate more than one day or donate more than one time if they are so inclined!
Sick Leave Buy Back (For eligible retirees)
Members who are eligible to retire from UML can cash into up to 50% of their unused sick time from the previous calendar year to be paid out at the end of the fiscal year. In order to be eligible to retire per Massachusetts General Laws, employees must be at least 55 years or older and at have at least 10 years of service with the state OR at least 20 years of service with the state.
As an example, if you have 10 unused sick days after December 31, you could cash those 10 days in at 50% and receive 5 paid sick days for that previous calendar year. If you qualify, you would fill out the Sick Buy Back Request Form (pdf) and email it to Kim_Casey@uml.edu and Hannah_Siden@uml.edu and Benefits@uml.edu in HR to be reviewed. These forms must be sent between January 1 - March 1 of each year to cash in any unused sick time from the previous calendar year. Approved requests would be paid out by the end of the fiscal year which is June 30.