As part of the university’s green initiative, all student bills are electronic.
- Students will receive an email to their university email account (i.e.@student.uml.edu) informing them that a bill has been generated and is ready for their review.
- Bills are generally available late July for the Fall semester and early January for the Spring semester.
- Students will log into their SiS student center, scroll and click on Financial Center then select the “View all Invoices” link.
- Select the bill that you wish to view.
- Note the due date of the bill. Unpaid balances may result in an assessment of a Late Fee and the placing of a hold on your account that will prevent you from registering for a future semester.
Undergraduate tuition and fee charges are based on full-time status (12 or more credits).
- Once the add/drop period is over, students enrolled in less than full time (part-time) will have their charges automatically prorated to reflect the cost for the number of credits for which they are registered.
- Undergraduate students that register for a Graduate, Online & Professional Studies (GPS) class will be charged the GPS tuition and fees in addition to the undergraduate tuition and fees.
Graduate, Online & Professional Studies (GPS) tuition and fees are based on actual course enrollment.
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Disbursements
- Book Advancements
- Tuition Credit Waiver
- Mandatory Fees Descriptions
- General/Individual Fees Descriptions
- Waivable Fee Descriptions
Payment Options Payment-Options
The university offers several options in which to make or arrange payment. The university has contracted with a third party vendor, Flywire, to process all online payments.
- Payments processed via the online payment link will post immediately to the Student Account Summary page.
220 Pawtucket Street, Suite M30
Lowell, MA 01854-5110.
- Please make checks payable to UMass Lowell and include the Student ID number as listed on the student eBill.
- For International students, the university offers a payment option in the student's native language and currency.
- UMass Lowell and Flywire do not charge a transaction fee for this service. However, the banks may charge a fee. Transaction fees that may be deducted by both the sending bank and the receiving bank will affect the dollar value of the funds received by the school.
- This plan enables students and their families to pay term charges pertaining to tuition, fees, and room and board over the course of each semester. This is not a loan program and there are no finance or interest charges. However, there is a non-refundable application fee.
- Students that are enrolled in the payment plan will have their account balance divided into the monthly payments remaining in the term.
- Payment plans automatically adjust based on the actual balance due. The student will not need to increase/decrease the plan due to changes on their account. The plan automatically adjusts the payment amount 10 days prior to the scheduled withdrawal date. Note that an email is sent if it is necessary to increase the debit amount.
Financial Aid Disbursements disbursements
Financial aid disbursements are made directly to the student’s account (except in the case of student employment).
- Disbursements are made after the add/drop period of each semester once enrolled, residency, grade level and housing are confirmed and all program requirements have been met (i.e. loan entrance counseling, promissory notes, etc.).
- Review your “To Do List” on your SiS student center for any outstanding items.
Book Advancements vouchers
Students whose financial aid is in excess of their student invoice by $50 or more will be offered a book advancement.
- The amount of the advancement comes from your financial aid award and the amount used at the bookstore will be charged back to your student account.
- Eligible students are notified via university student email account.
- Still have questions? Visit book advancement Frequently Asked Questions.
Refunds from excess financial aid or from an over-payment can be direct deposited into your designated bank.
Consider the advantages to signing up:
- You will have quicker access to your money;
- No waiting for your check to come in the mail;
- No waiting in line at the bank or ATM to deposit your check; and
- No worrying about a lost check.
Sign up today by logging into SiS student center and selecting the Enroll in Direct Deposit link. For more information regarding direct deposit, visit Refunds.
Tuition Credit Waiver waiver
A tuition credit waiver form is required for each academic semester attended and must be submitted prior to or during the semester to which the tuition credit will be applied. Retroactive tuition credit waivers will not be honored.
Mandatory Fee Descriptions mandatory
The following fees are mandatory:
Student Activity Fee
The Student Activity Fee supports programs and activities from recognized student organizations that are beneficial to students and enrich current campus student life, including arts, athletics, clubs and recreation and other student-focused programs.
The Technology Fee supports the technology infrastructure and educational environment necessary to meet the technological demands of the UMass Lowell community.
General/Individual Fee Descriptions general-fees
The following fees are assessed on an individual basis:
- Advanced Health Assessment Fee (Students enrolled in NURS.6510)
- College Fee - Arts
- College Fee - School of Education
- College Fee – Francis College of Engineering
- College Fee - Honors College
- College Fee - Kennedy College of Sciences
- College Fee - Manning School of Business
- College Fee - Music
- College Fee – Solomont School of Nursing
- College Fee - Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences
- HESI Nursing Exit and Specialty Exams Fee (Students enrolled in the following classes)
- NURS.2110 HA Nursing Assessment and Skills
- NURS.2110L HA Nursing Assessment and Skills Lab
- NURS.3100 HPI Health Promotion Risk Reduction Families I
- NURS.3110 HPI Health Promotion Risk Reduction Families Practicum I
- NURS.3140 HPII Health Promotion Risk Reduction Families II
- NURS.3150 HPII Health Promotion Family Practicum II
- NURS.4130 Role Transition
- International Student Fee
- Late Fee
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction Pre-Practicum Fee (Students enrolled in EDUC.5400)
- Returned Check Fee (Per Check)
- Study Abroad Fee
Waivable Fee Description waivable-fees
The following fees are assessed on an individual basis and may be waived:
Student Health Insurance
Massachusetts state law requires that all students be enrolled in a student health insurance program that meets the comparable benefits established by the state of Massachusetts. You may waive coverage if you have this coverage under a comparable benefit plan.
The Massachusetts Student Public Interest Research Group (MassPIRG) is a statewide, student-directed, student-funded, nonpartisan advocacy organization working on environmental, consumer, higher education, voter registration, and hunger and homelessness issues. MassPIRG student chapters across the state pool resources through a waivable fee each semester and hire professional staff to work with students on these issues. UMass Lowell students have voted to fund a MassPIRG chapter on campus. Therefore, all undergraduate students are assessed the $11 waivable charge each semester. Volunteer, leadership, and internship opportunities are available for students on campus.
For more information visit the MassPIRG website.