Students can now register online using the Student Information System (SiS).
For all information on course registration, financial aid, and billing, please visit The Solution Center. For assistance with course materials, please visit The Tutoring Center and The Writing Center. If you are an economics major with a good GPA and want to work as an economics tutor, please contact Professor Monica Galizzi by email: Monica_Galizzi@uml.edu.
Of Interest to Our Students
The UMass Lowell Economics Society is led by and for students. They meet regularly to discuss and apply what they are learning in the classroom to current events. In addition to the Economics Society, faculty are available to advise students who wish to participate in a wide variety of challenges some of which are listed here. Those interested in either the Economics Society or one of the challenges should contact the faculty advisor, Anne Rhoads, by email: Anne_Rhoads@uml.edu for more information.
- The College Fed Challenge - Boston Federal Reserve District (contact Professor Brendan Epstein by email: Brendan_Epstein@uml.edu)
- FDIC Academic Challenge
- Best undergraduate paper award
- The iOme Challenge
- The Fiscal Policy Challenge
- MIT Policy Hackathon
- Harvard Policy Innovation Challenge Prompt
- Up To Us
The department regularly organizes social gatherings and career related activities for our women students. For more information about our “Women in Economics” group, contact Professor Kelly Hellman by email: Kelly_Hellman@uml.edu. We have are an active chapter of the Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society.
- Riley Coviello, a current junior and economics major, is one of the three national winners of the 2019-2020 Charles Phillips Outstanding Student Leadership Award of the Omicron Delta Epsilon.
- Riley follows the steps of two other UMass Lowell students, Michelle Campbell and Zachary Kondoroski, who were the national winners of the same award in 2015. Read more about Michelle and Zach.
- Information about our study abroad scholarship for economics majors
- Information about other scholarships at UMass Lowell
- American Economic Association summer program
- Student internship platform
- Undergraduate women’s investment network (Loomis Sayles)
- Specific information about internships is kept at the department. Please contact your advisor, or our administrative assistant.