Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching (CELT) Workshops
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching offers teaching workshops and seminars to help interested faculty, teaching assistants and instructors improve their teaching effectiveness and course management skills. These training programs provide opportunities to gather with colleagues to listen, discuss, interact, learn about and reflect on a number of topics to enhance teaching and learning.
Our list of programming is constantly growing. Make sure to check out past and future offerings.
Your feedback is very valuable to us. The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching welcomes feedback, suggestions and requests for workshops; email: CELT@uml.edu.
Welcome to the Fall semester! the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching is here to support your classroom success. Come visit us!
We're hosting some informal discussions to support community building and pedagogical development. Stop by for light refreshments and a chance to share ideas with your colleagues. Please participate in as many offerings as your time allows!
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 10-11:30 a.m. Understanding who UML students are “today”!
- Thursday Oct. 12, 10-11:30 a.m. What’s working in your classroom? Come together to share and learn.
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. How to encourage students to use your office hours.
- Friday, Dec. 8, 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m. How did the semester go? Open forum to share and explore practices that support student success.
In addition, CELT’s Faculty in Residence Marlowe Miller, will hold the following contact hours in the Faculty Success Center. Check out the times below and stop by whenever you would like to have a 1:1 chat with Marlowe!
- Wednesday, Oct. 4: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 7: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 16: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 30: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 12: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19: 10 – 11:30 a.m.
A reminder that the Faculty Success Center is open Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Center is located in University Crossing (B-side of the building, Suite 140, follow the stars on the floor) and is home to the Office of Instructional Technology, The Advance Office for Faculty Equity & Resilience and The Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching. Feel free reach out to each office directly to schedule time for help/support. In addition, you are more than welcome to stop by for questions and/or grab coffee with a colleague, explore IT’s technology sandbox and/or browse CELT’s book collection. We have a coffee machine and a lot of snacks!
For questions, email: CELT@uml.edu.
- Facilitating Community in the Classroom
- High-Impact Pedagogies in Practice: Introduction to Service-Learning
- Creating Service Learning Assignments for Any Course Level
- How to Provide Individuated Instruction and SURVIVE
- A 2023 Learner Centered Syllabus
- Providing Meaningful Feedback to Students
- How Universal Design Supports Learning & Equity
- 8+ Ideas to Incorporate Universal Design into your Classrooms
- Strategies for Teaching the Class of 2026
- Student Roundtable -10 Ways Faculty Can Support Student Success
- Using Metacognitive Learning Strategies in the Classroom
- Navigating Student Identities in the Classroom
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy in Every Discipline