To receive financial aid you will need to:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment into a degree granting or approved certificate program. Students enrolled in non-degree programs are not eligible for financial aid.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen as defined by the federal government.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward completing your degree program.
- Not be in default or owe money on a federal student loan or any federal student aid program.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED), or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.
Check out the financial aid infographic for eligibility requirements for federal student aid.
Visit Federal Student Aid for additional eligibility criteria.