Skip to Main Content

Consortiums & Study Abroad


If you are currently enrolled in a degree-seeking or eligible certificate program at UMass Lowell, but wish to take a course at another accredited college or university, you may be able to receive aid to cover some of the costs at the other institution. Your eligibility for this request will be determined based on your current financial aid award.

You will need to complete a Consortium Agreement (pdf) and Authorization For Off-Campus Courses Form; available online or at The Solution Center.

Submit all Consortium Agreements and supporting documentation to:

The Solution Center
University Crossing
220 Pawtucket St., Suite 131
Lowell, MA 01854-5141

Study Abroad

UMass Lowell offers outstanding education abroad and exchange programs. These programs are available to all students and most financial aid can be used to pay the costs. We will take into account the exchange information that you provide and will increase your cost of attendance to reflect the educational expenses of your program. Additional loans may be available to help you supplement your financial aid package in order to take advantage of study abroad opportunities.

For more information on the studying abroad, go to emptyStudy Abroad Program