Residence Life is committed to hiring a diverse staff reflective of people from different backgrounds and experiences. We are looking for candidates that care about people and that want to have a positive impact on the campus community.
Resident Advisors foster community, create connections, and help residents learn, change, and grow.
How to Apply
The 2023-2024 Resident Advisor application is now available. Applications are due by Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022 by 11:59 PM.
Information sessions are held on Zoom for candidates to learn more about the RA position and the application process. All Resident Advisor candidates must attend one information session. The content of the information session is the same for each date and time. Information sessions last approximately one hour.
Information Session Dates and Times:
- Friday, Sept 30 at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 2 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 24 at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 3 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m.
After completing your application, the residence life staff will review all applications and score your short answer response essay question.
Essays are scored on the following criteria:
- Use of examples from your life and experience
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Did your essay answer the question
Candidates falling within the top of the essay scoring range will then be offered an opportunity to participate in two 20 minute virtual interviews with residence life staff and other campus partners.
Requirements for the position include:
- Be an enrolled UMass Lowell student
- Have and maintain a 2.500 cumulative GPA
- Be in good student conduct standing as determined by the Office of Residence Life
If you are hired as an RA you are required to attend RA Staff Training starting in August of each year.