Residence Life is committed to hiring a diverse staff reflective of people from different backgrounds and experiences. We are looking for candidates that care about people and that want to have a positive impact on the campus community.
Resident Advisors foster community, create connections, and help residents learn, change, and grow.
How to Apply
The online Resident Advisor Application is now available for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Applications are due on November 1, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. No late submissions will be accepted.
Join us for an information session to learn more about the requirements, benefits, and the selection process for Resident Advisor. Candidates are required to attend one of the information sessions to be eligible for the position. The information at each session in the same, and they are offered on the following upcoming dates:
- Monday, October 25 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 2 at 4 p.m.
- Thursday, November 4 at 3 p.m.
All information sessions will be held in the RA Information Session Zoom Meeting.
After completing your application in November, the residence life staff will review all applications and score your short answer response essay question.
Essays are scored on the following criteria:
- Use of examples from your life and experience
- Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Did your essay answer the question
Candidates falling within the top of the essay scoring range will then be offered an opportunity to participate in two 20 minute virtual interviews with residence life staff and other campus partners.
Requirements for the position include:
- Be an enrolled UMass Lowell student
- Have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be in good student conduct standing as determined by the Office of Residence Life
If you are hired as an RA you are required to attend RA Staff Training starting on August 15, 2022.