You have a passion for traveling the world, learning or working in international affairs. Now you can highlight your global experiences in and beyond the classroom.
Global Engagement Distinction Requirements:
- Sign up and select the Global Engagement Distinction in the RHED portal
- Complete 2 approved courses within the Global Engagement Distinction
- Complete 2 pre-approved experiences within the Global Engagement Distinction
- One of the two courses OR two experiences must be completed internationally ( outside the U.S.)
- Complete guided reflections for courses / experiences and submit supporting artifacts for each course
- Reflection: An academic reflection is a short essay for assessment in an academic, experiential learning and skill development context. Guided questions/ prompts provided.
- Learning Artifact: A learning artifact is something that you created in response to a course assignment. It may be an essay, slideshow, website, poster, brochure, or something else.
Option: Students may propose a custom-designed experience or request a course approval by contract.
- Submitted by student to reflect their individual experiences
- Must meet at least half of the Distinction's learning outcomes
- All submissions must be made prior to starting the experience or course
- Individual request approval is managed by the RHED committee members
Upon graduation, the Distinction is added to student's transcript, they receive a certificate, and are awarded a RED braided cord to wear at graduation.