The River Hawk Experience Distinction (RHED) offers students the opportunity to earn recognition for experiential learning activities where academic and “real-world” experiences are brought together. Upon graduation, students successfully earning a River Hawk Experience Distinction will receive a special notation on their official transcript and a certificate of recognition.
RHED provides an opportunity to showcase our core values and benefit students in the following ways:
- Integrate classroom learning with “real world” activities
- Allows students to be more deliberative and reflective about their engagement with these experiences
- Allows students to gain resume and career experiences that are reflected on their transcript
Requirements for completion (currently available to undergraduate students only):
- Two approved academic courses
- Two approved applied (extra- or co-curricular) experiences
- Submit a Reflection
With the completion of each of the above, students are required to submit the completion through the RHED Portal and submit a one page or less reflection response. The RHED Portal will notify students when a submission is approved. Each students may only receive one distinction from the list below.