You have a passion serving others to support positive change in the world. Now you can highlight your community experiences in and beyond the classroom.
The River Hawk Experience Distinction: Community Engagement
To earn the distinction in Community Engagement, you must:
- Sign up for the Distinction
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Community Engagement courses:
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Community Engagement experiences
- One of these two experiences must be an unpaid volunteer experience
RHED approved courses and experiences may be either:
- Pre-approved from the Community Engagement courses and experience list
- Custom-designed Community Engagement experience:
- Submitted by you to reflect your personal interests
- Must meet at least half of the distinctions learning outcomes
- All submission must be made prior to starting the experience or course
- The approval process takes approximately 30 days and is approved by the RHED committee
The RHED Community Engagement Rubric lays out the learning outcomes targeted for this distinction that you will be able to showcase to employer and/or graduate schools after completion.
Once you have completed your approved courses and experiences, and submitted them with the required reflections through the RHED Portal, this distinction will be added to your transcript.
Please note: for each experience, you must submit a reflection guided by the RHED prompt. For each course, you must submit both a reflection and a supporting “learning artifact.”