You have a passion for serving as a leader on campus, in your community, in your workplace. Now you can highlight your leadership experiences in and beyond the classroom.
The River Hawk Experience Distinction: Leadership
To earn the distinction in Leadership, you must:
- Sign up for the Distinction
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Leadership courses
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Leadership experiences
RHED approved courses and experiences may be either:
- Pre-approved from the Leadership courses and experience list
- Custom-designed Leadership experience or RHED Leadership by contract course
- Submitted by you to reflect your personal interests
- Must meet at least half of the distinctions learning outcomes
- All submission must be made prior to starting the experience or course
- The approval process takes approximately 30 days and is approved by the RHED committee
The RHED Leadership Rubric lays out the learning outcomes targeted for this distinction that you will be able to showcase to employer and/or graduate schools after completion.
Once you have completed your approved courses and experiences, and submitted them with the required reflections through the RHED Portal, this distinction will be added to your transcript.
Please note: For each experience, you must submit a reflection guided by the RHED prompt. For each course, you must submit both a reflection and a supporting “learning artifact.”