Age: Person over 40
Color: The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission writes, “Even though race and color clearly overlap, they are not synonymous. Thus, color discrimination can occur between persons of different races or ethnicities, or between persons of the same race or ethnicity. Although Title VII does not define “color,” the courts and the Commission read “color” to have its commonly understood meaning - pigmentation, complexion, or skin shade or tone. Thus, color discrimination occurs when a person is discriminated against based on the lightness, darkness, or other color characteristic of the person. Title VII prohibits race/color discrimination against all persons, including Caucasians.”
- has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of such person's major life activities,
- has a record of such an impairment,
- is regarded as having such an impairment, or
- is closely associated to someone with a disability. "Life activities" are defined as those that affect employability. "Substantially limits" means the degree that the impairment affects employability.
- Disabled Veteran - Defined as one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability
- Recently Separated Veteran - Defined as any veteran who has been discharged during the last three years from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service.
- Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran - Defined as a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
- Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran - Defined as a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
- White: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa
- Black or African American: A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands
- Asian: Persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand and Vietnam
- American Indian or Alaska Native: A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment
- Two or More Races: All persons who identify with more than one of the above five races
- Hispanic or Latino, Regardless of Race: A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race