- Promote a campus that is accepting of all differences;
- Develop a more culturally responsive campus community;
- Improve campus climate;
- Strengthen community connections;
- Increase the recruitment, hiring and retention of a diverse faculty and staff;
- Increase the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds;
- Strengthen pipeline programs; and
- Integrate a curriculum that fosters cultural competencies.
UMass Lowell received the 2022 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine for outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
By the Numbers
40Percent of undergraduate students are students of color
10Percentage point increase in faculty diversity in 10 years
29Percent of graduate students are students of color
96Percent of buildings on campus are accessible