Completed Application Package
A completed application for undergraduate admission to UMass Lowell includes the items listed below.
- A completed Common Application, UMass Lowell Application or Coalition Application by Scoir.
- An application fee or fee waiver.
- Your score from the Scholastic Aptitude Test* (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT). (Currently UMass Lowell is reviewing only the math and critical reading sections of the SAT.)
- UMass Lowell’s CEEB (College Entrance Examination Board) code number is 3911 our ACT code number is 1854.
- Your official school transcript (grades 9-11).
- A personal essay (250-650 words) responding to a Common Application essay option or choose to respond to one of the following**:
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What is the greatest challenge your generation will face?
- What ideas do you have for dealing with this issue?
- Formulate the perfect admissions essay question and answer it.
- A letter of recommendation from someone who is familiar with your abilities (a teacher, college counselor, coach, employer, etc.). If using the UMass Lowell web application, please feel free to download the recommendation form (pdf).
- If English is not your first language, or if your method of instruction is not in English, you must submit a TOEFL / ELPT test score.
- Music applicants must complete an entrance audition with the music department.
- Art and Design applicants must submit a portfolio.
*UMass Lowell is proud to offer a No-Test option for all majors. Please visit our No-Test Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
**If you plan to mail your essay to our office, please write your full name on each page.
For Transfer Applicants:
Additional requirements can be found by visiting the Transfer - How to Apply webpage.
For International Applicants:
Additional requirements can be found by visiting the Undergraduate Application Requirements on the International Applicants website.