Submit Your Application
You can apply to UMass Lowell online by using the Common Application or the UMass Lowell application. If you prefer to mail in a hardcopy application, you can print and mail a PDF of the UMass Lowell application (pdf).
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view any pdf files. It can be download for free from the Adobe website.
Completed Application Package
In addition to an application for admission, your completed application package will include:
- The application fee .
- Official Academic Record(s)
- If you have not yet successfully completed 24 credits of college coursework, you must submit:
- An official high school transcript.*
- A score from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) or a score from the American College Test (ACT) will be required. The CEEB code number for UMass Lowell is 3911.
*A high school transcript may be requested of any applicant. If you have not completed high school, you must submit a copy of the G.E.D. and school transcripts of all high school course work attempted.
- If you have attended a U.S. college, you must submit:
- Official college transcripts, from all colleges attended, sent from the Registrar’s office. (Photocopies are not acceptable.) Only courses with grades of “C-” or better are transferable.
- A list of all courses not shown on transcripts. Use the space designed for this on the application, or submit a separate list.
- If you are applying as a Music major, you must complete an in-person entrance audition with the music department.
- If you are applying as a Art and Design applicant, you must submit a Portfolio.
- If you are interested in a Nursing program, please contact Transfer Admissions for more information.
- If you have attended an international college, you are required to submit the following materials
- A TOEFL test score if English is not your first language and/or the language of instruction at your prior institution was not English. Students who have completed the equivalent of UMass Lowell College Writing I and College Writing II with a C or better need not submit a TOEFL.
- All transcripts from international institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES), telephone: 212-219-7330.
NOTE: UMass Lowell requires TWO transcripts, one official transcript, and one evaluated by World Education Services.
- Course descriptions are required for all of your undergraduate coursework. All transcripts and course descriptions in languages other than English must be translated and notarized by a professional agency. There is no guarantee of transfer credit without translated course descriptions.
Additional information for international students can be found on the International Applicants website.
- Transfer College Report
- The Transfer College Report is a student conduct records form that prior four-year institution(s) will send to Undergraduate Admissions. This document must be completed by a college official who is responsible for maintaining student disciplinary records and will indicate whether or not there has been any disciplinary infractions at your college or university. Clicking on the linked "Transfer College Report" will bring you to an e-document that will allow you to send the form directly to this college official. We also have a PDF version of the Transfer College Report, which you can have submitted.
- If you have attended a domestic four-year institution, a Transfer College Report must be completed for all domestic four-year colleges or universities you have attended.
- Exceptions for the Transfer College Report requirement include:
- Students who have only attended two-year institutions, second-degree seeking students, non-matriculated coursework students, and institutions a student attended more than ten years ago.