UMass Lowell proudly welcomes all veterans, guardsmen, reservists and active duty military.

How to Apply

Students who have served in the military, have earned a high school diploma and have a Joint Service Transcript with no additional college experience are considered first-year students, and may apply to UMass Lowell through our first-year application process. Military students who have additional college experience beyond a Joint Service Transcript, including transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force and American Public University System are considered transfer students, and may apply to UMass Lowell through our transfer application process

Military Credit

In accordance with the VALOR ACT, UMass Lowell evaluates credits earned for military education using the same standards as those applied to coursework from accredited colleges and universities. All military transcripts, including SMART, ACE and AARTS, are reviewed for transferability of credit to a student’s intended major. For information about transferring credits earned at other colleges and universities, please see our Transfer Dictionary.

For information on applying for military benefits, including tuition assistance, please visit Veterans Services.