Masters Degree without a thesis, by course work only:
- Taking courses including at least 3 different specializations of chemistry
- 30 credits
- 10 courses of 3 credits each (graduate level courses of 5000 level or higher)
- Selection and fulfillment of one specialization
This NTMC degree ordinarily requires 30 credits with the following requirements:
- A total of 18 course credits (CHEM- or POLY-prefix) must be taken within the chemistry department at UMass Lowell.
- The remaining credits may be satisfied by either additional CHEM.XXXX or POLY.XXXX courses or by transfer of up to 12 credits from a closely related program at a domestic university, including UMass Lowell.
Note: Students who wish to pursue the NTMC degree who currently hold a B.S. or B.A. degree in chemistry or a related science, but do not have previous laboratory experience, may be required to take up to three undergraduate chemistry laboratory courses to ensure that they have sufficient laboratory skills upon completion of their NTMC degree.
Since advanced study is required in at least three disciplines of chemistry, a number of courses in Analytical/Environmental, Biochemistry, Inorganic, Organic, Physical and Polymer will be available every semester.
See the graduate catalog for course descriptions and complete degree requirements.