Several forms of financial aid may be available to prospective graduate students. 

Teaching and Research Assistantships

A common form of financial aid for graduate students is the Teaching or Research Assistantship.  Teaching Assistants conduct undergraduate laboratory classes most commonly, or perform other duties for the Department as assigned by the Graduate Coordinator, working up to 20 hours a week (though the most common assignments are 10-12 hours). Research Assistantships are generally available only after a student has chosen a thesis adviser and begun research.  There are limitations on the awarding of both types of Assistantships, and you should consult with the Graduate Coordinator in the Chemistry Department for more information.

Other Financial Aid

Other sources of financial aid (loans, grants, etc.) may be available to prospective students.  Students should consult the Office of Student Financial Assistance for information.  Follow the link to the Financial Aid website.