You have a passion for solving problems and the ambition and drive to create a new product or venture. Now you can highlight your leadership experiences in and beyond the classroom.
The River Hawk Experience Distinction: Global Engagement
To earn the distinction in Global Engagement, you must:
- Sign up for the Distinction
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Global Engagement courses
- If there is a course that you’d like to recommend for inclusion on this list you may submit your suggestions through the RHED student portal, and we’ll send your recommendation to the department for their consideration
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Global Engagement experiences
RHED approved experiences may be either:
- Pre-approved from the Global Engagement experience list
- Custom-designed Global Engagement experience by you to reflect your personal interests and approved by the RHED committee
- One of the two courses OR two experience must be completed international (outside the U.S.)
The RHED Global Engagement Rubric lays out the learning outcomes targeted for this distinction that you will be able to showcase to employer and/or graduate schools after completion.
Once you have completed your approved courses and experiences, and submitted them, with the required reflections, through the RHED Portal, this distinction will be added to your transcript.
Please note: Only courses and experiences that take place after your RHED sign-up is approved may be used to fulfill RHED requirements.