Navigating through the maze of resources can be challenging and knowing where to start is a common question, particularly if you are unfamiliar with the landscape or university culture. The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) helps to guide you through these and other common situations while also helping you ‘find your place’ on campus, both virtually and in-person.
UMass Lowell’s array of programs and services helps international students to discover new ways to connect, learn, grow and succeed.
OMA can provide:
- a safe place to process experiences, situations, or events
- support to work through common communication gaps or misinterpretations
- help on navigating the university system in culturally relevant ways
- ways to strengthen personal success and connections to important resources on and off campus
- culturally relevant strategies to address discrimination, racism, and bias incidents
- community building opportunities
Programs will be both virtual and in-person for Spring 2024.
- New International Student Orientation
- New International Student Welcome Guide
- New International Student Resource Series
- Future dates to follow soon
- Pair Up Program: a partnership program that pairs international students with domestic students in bridging culture and enhancing community through an interactive learning process. Meetings are biweekly both in-person and virtual.
- Visit the Pair-Up Program website for more information.
- Now taking applications on the website for new international students arriving in Spring 2024!
- International Education Week
- Community Building Events
- Campus Recreation Center Trips
- Winter Clothing Drive
- Holiday celebrations (Pumpkin Carving, Holi, Chinese New Year and more)
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) Senior Send Off (spring semester)