What courses will you take?
The B.S. in Chemical Engineering program offers courses across four degree options, which lead to a wide range of career opportunities:
- General Option — Gain a broad foundation in chemical engineering, and customize your curriculum by selecting advanced course electives that match your interests and career goals. You'll prepare for careers that address diverse problems in either traditional or emerging fields of chemical engineering. General Option courses
- Nuclear Engineering Option (ABET Accredited) — Build a strong foundation in nuclear science, engineering and technology to pursue careers in the nuclear energy and technology field. Nuclear Engineering Option courses
- Bioengineering Option — Gain skills and knowledge to work in the bio-pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. Bioengineering Option courses
- Nanomaterials Engineering Option — Prepare to launch a career in a materials-related industry. Nanomaterials Engineering Option courses
All students take courses in the humanities and social sciences to broaden perspectives, improve communication skills, and explore concepts of values and ethics.
The Chemical Engineering curriculum and the Chemical Engineering with Nuclear Engineering Option are accredited by ABET.
Visit the Academic Catalog for:
- All Chemical Engineering courses
- Nuclear Science and Engineering minor
- Business Administration for Chemical Engineering minor