You have a passion for serving others to support positive change in the World. Now you can highlight your leadership experiences in and beyond the classroom.
The River Hawk Experience Distinction’s Community Engagement track will launch in Fall 2018!
To earn the distinction in Community Engagement, you must:
- Sign up for the Distinction
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Community Engagement courses
- Complete and reflect upon two approved Community Engagement experiences
RHED approved experiences may be either:
- Pre-approved from our list, which will include things like participation in on-campus service-based clubs like Navigators, Jumpstart, Support our Student, etc., or a related co-op/internship
- Custom-designed by you to reflect your personal interests and approved by the RHED committee
Coming to the RHED website in late Spring 2018: The RHED Community Engagement rubric, course list, and list of pre-approved experiences along with the application to propose your own custom community engagement experiences.
Please note: Only courses and experiences that take place after your RHED sign-up is approved may be used to fulfill RHED requirements.