Skip to Main Content

Declare Intent to Graduate

Applying for Graduation

Undergraduate students need to submit a Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) form to their college dean's office. The Registrar’s Office tracks student progress via SIS, however, some academic departments require you to file a paper DIG form. Please contact your department directly to inquire additional details.

Note: Seniors who complete graduation requirements but do not submit this form in a timely manner are advised that it will impact when they will be eligible to receive their diploma and if their names will be printed in the Commencement booklet. 

Online and Professional Studies students should refer to instructions provided on the Graduate, Online & Professional Studies website, which vary based on the student's program of study. 

International students on either F-1 or J-1 student status who are completing their academic program should schedule an appointment with the International Students & Scholars Office,  978-934-2383 or

Once we have received your DIG form, your name will appear on the Registrar's Office website.

Master's and doctoral students must file a Declaration of Intent to Graduate Form (pdf) with the Registrar's Office. Deadlines are posted on the form. The Registrar's Office will verify course credit, grade and GPA requirements, and submission of thesis/dissertation (if applicable) prior to the awarding the degree.