Skip to Main Content

Declare Intent to Graduate

Undergraduate Students 

You need to contact your department to apply for graduation. Please note, that seniors who complete graduation requirements, but do not apply in a timely manner are advised that it will impact when they will be eligible to receive their diploma and their names may not be printed in the 2022 Commencement booklet. 

Master's and Doctoral Students 

See your department or coordinator to declare your intent to graduate.

How Will I Submit the Signed “Signature Page” for My Defense?

It is not feasible for students to secure committee member signatures on their Signature Page at the time of a Zoom defense. As a temporary measure, committee members may sign off on a copy of the thesis/dissertation signature page, and submit a scanned or photo copy of the page electronically. The signed signature page(s) should be sent to the Registrar’s Office at AND along with a confirmation email from the advisor. When the dissertation is electronically submitted, instead of including the signed signature page (or multiple pages), an unsigned page, which lists the advisor and committee members will be included.

Online and Continuing Education 

Undergraduate students need to submit a Declaration of Intent to Graduate (DIG) form. Instructions and copies of the form are available on the Graduate, Online and Professional Studies website.

International Students 

F-1 or J-1 (student status) students who are completing their academic program in the spring term should schedule an appointment with the International Students & Scholars Office  978-934-2383 or email to

Once we have received your DIG form, your name will appear on the Registrar's Office website when the potential graduates list posted.