The Council and Task Forces meet regularly to advance a more inclusive campus culture for all. Here's our progress so far.
- Drafting five Pillars for the campus.
- The promotion of Clara Reynolds to associate vice chancellor for Equal Opportunity & Outreach, Diversity & Inclusion with a direct reporting line to Human Resources and a dotted line to the chancellor to further elevate diversity and inclusion issues and concerns to the executive level.
- The development of a statement of UMass Lowell values.
- The scheduling of education and information sessions and the development of educational courses and workshops for faculty and staff on university non-discrimination, Title IX reporting, prevention and investigation policies and procedures, and fostering a diverse and inclusive campus culture.
- The reorganization of the Office of Multicultural Affairs to better support academic success, including a three-day on-boarding program for multicultural, first generation and international students.
- Developing a partnership with the Washington, D.C. College Access Program Foundation to bring high-achieving D.C. students to UMass Lowell.
- Establishing the LBGTQ Student Center in University Crossing.
- Creation of a draft Equity Framework Action Plan (doc) for further campus discussion.