Use these core program tools to implement the Healthy Workplace Participatory Program.
Additional supporting tools can be found on the website pages. Links are to PDFs unless otherwise noted.
1. Training & Support-Learn about the HWPP toolkit materials and develop facilitation skills.
2.Get Ready for Program Start Up - Assess your organization's readiness to implement the program and learn how to introduce the program to management.
- HWPP Facilitator Manual Section I: Introduction to the HWPP (pdf)
- Assess Organizational Readiness
- Gather Management Input and Support
- Identify Health and Safety Priorities
3.Form Program Teams - Learn how to establish a two-committee structure to engage employees at all levels.
4.Design Team Start-up- Strengthen line-level involvement in safety and health by establishing a Design Team.
- HWPP Facilitator Manual Section II: Design Team Start-up (pdf)
- Start-up Session 1: Welcome to the Healthy Workplace Participatory Program
- Start-up Session 2: Identifying Workplace Safety, Health and Well-being Issues
- Start-up Session 3: Prioritize and Select Safety and Well-being Concerns for Intervention
5.Generate Solutions Using the IDEAS Tool -This is the heart of the program.Use a step-by-step process for designing, prioritizing and implementing interventions.
- HWPP Facilitator Manual Section III: Generate Solutions Using the IDEAS Tool (pdf)
- Overview of IDEAS Tool
- Example Completed Worksheets for IDEAS Steps 1-7 (pdf)
- Blank Worksheets for IDEAS Steps 1-7 (Word)
6.Evaluate Your Program -Collect data to show your program is working.