Role of the Design Team
The Design Team is the engine of the participatory program. This core group of line-level employees meets with a Facilitator, considers workplace health and safety issues, and crafts solutions appropriate to their work environments. The Steering Committee identifies and recruits members for the design team who have the skills and interests needed.
Every Design Team is unique, and members will come with different levels of skills and experience. No matter the scenario, training is essential for educating and motivating team members to do their best work. The materials on this section will help you do that.
Design Team Start-up Sessions 1, 2 and 3 are designed to give the Design Team a solid foundation for working together. Each start-up session focuses on a specific aspect of team formation. These sessions are valuable for new teams and for teams that have previously worked together.
- Start-up Session 1: Welcome to the Healthy Workplace Participatory Program
- Start-up Session 2: Identifying Workplace Safety, Health, and Well-being Issues
- Start-up Session 3: Prioritizing and Selecting Safety, Health and Well-being Issues for Intervention
Tools and Resources
- Facilitator Manual and Design Team Handouts for DT Start-up Sessions 1-3 (pdf)
- Guide to Creating a Design Team (pdf)
- Design Team Description (pdf)
- Facilitation Skills Training Videos (view videos 1-4 for DT Start-up Sessions)