The successful initiation of this program depends on management support at all levels - both top decision-makers and middle managers. To gather management support, different organizations may require different approaches. For example, you may meet with management one-on-one, or request a group session.
However you choose to speak to management, we recommend that you cover the following topics:
- Inform management about the program, its goals and purpose, and how the company would benefit from the program.
- Invite management to reflect on the feasibility and usefulness of the participatory program within your organization
- If there is interest in the Healthy Work Participatory Program, discuss next steps in its initiation
- Healthy Workplace Participatory Program Flyer (pdf) - a single-page executive summary of the program
- Healthy Workplace Participatory Program Presentation (PPT) - covers program goals and process.
- Training webinar - Covers how to make the pitch to management.
- Tips for Delivering Presentation (pdf)
- Tips for Handling Management Concerns (pdf)
- Top Reasons to Create a New Pathway for a Safer and Healthier Workforce
- Making the Business Case