Applications for Fall 2023 are being accepted now through March 1, 2023.
If you would like to be added to the email distribution list for the Manning School of Business doctoral program, or have questions about the Leadership/Organization Studies program, please email Elana Feldman at Elana_Feldman@uml.edu.
The leadership/organization studies concentration crafts scholars in organizational phenomena. In addition to rigorous training in research methodology and statistics, the concentration entails courses in the science of organizational behavior, organization theory, and leadership. Students build on this core grounding with tailored coursework that fits their research interests and chosen level of analysis. Accomplished faculty members mentor student research throughout the program and foster their engagement in the profession.
Five Required Foundation Courses (common to all doctoral concentrations)
- Research Design Methods I
- Econometrics I or Qualitative Methods
- Microeconomic Theory
- Managerial Research Seminar (non-credit)
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
- Research Design Methods II
- Econometrics II or Qualitative Research Methods or Multivariate Statistical Methods
Six Concentration Courses
- Seminar in Organization Theory
- Seminar in Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Theory and Concepts
- Doctoral level method elective
- Two approved doctoral level electives
For more information on the Ph.D. program, please visit the Ph.D. in Business Administration page.
Elana Feldman, Ph.D.