- Ph D: Industrial and Organizational Psychology, (2012), Saint Louis University - Saint Louis, MO
- MS: Industrial/Organizational Psychology, (2009), Saint Louis University - Saint Louis, MO, USA
- BA: Psychology; German, (2005), Marquette University - Milwaukee, WI, USA
Supporting Area: Human Resource Management
- Montag-Smit, T., Mantel, S., Kardes, F. (). The influence of positive affect on sensitivity to important omissions. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Leavens, T., Merriman, K., Montag-Smit, T., Greenway, D. (2021). The New Strategic Road Map for Attracting and Retaining Working Parents (63:1 pp. 1-4). MIT Sloan Management Review
- Merriman, K.K., Greenway, D., Montag-Smit, T. (2021). Employees Are Feeling Burned Over Broken Work-From-Home Promises and Corporate Culture ‘BS’ as Employers Try to Bring Them Back to the Office (May 19, 2021). The Conversation
- Montag-Smit, T., Smit, B. (Bentley University) (2020). What are you hiding? Employee attributions for pay secrecy policies. Human Resource Management Journal.
- Smit, B.W., Montag-Smit, T. (2019). The pay transparency dilemma: Development and validation of the Pay Information Exchange Preferences Scale. The Journal of Applied Psychology, 104(4) 537 - 558.
- Smit, B.W., Montag-Smit, T. (2018). The role of pay secrecy policies and employee secrecy preferences in shaping job attitudes. Human Resource Management Journal, 28(2) 304-324.
- Montag-Smit, T., Maertz, C.P. (2017). Searching outside the box in creative problem solving: The role of creative thinking skills and domain knowledge. Journal of Business Research, 81 1-10.
- Smit, B.W., Maloney, P.W., Maertz, C.P., Montag-Smit, T. (2016). Out of sight, out of mind? How and when cognitive role transition episodes influence employee performance. Human Relations, 69(11) 2141-2168.
- Montag-Smit, T., Campo, J., Weissman, J., Walmsley, A., Snell, A. (2012). In Their Own Words: Best Practices for Advising Millennial Students about Majors. NACADA Journal, 32(2) 26-35.
- Montag-Smit, T., Maertz, C.P., Baer, M. (2012). A Critical Analysis of the Workplace Creativity Criterion Space. Journal of Management, 38(4) 1362-1386.
- Transparency increases negotiation rates for men and women alike - 78th annual meeting for the Academy of Management, August 2019 - Boston, MA
Selected Contracts, Fellowships, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Total Worker Health Employer Crisis Preparedness (2022), Grant - Department of Health and Human Services
Roelofs, C. (Principal), Montag-Smit, T. (Co-Principal)
- The Effects of Transparency on Negotiation Initiation for Women and Men (2020), Grant - Donahue Center for Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
Montag-Smit, T. (Principal), Evans, K. (Co-Principal)
- Role of pay secrecy in the gender wage gap (2016), Grant - Indiana Academy of Science
Montag-Smit, T., Smit, B.