Concentration in Finance
With a concentration in finance in business administration, you will gain:
- The ability to analyze complex capital budgeting problems
- The ability to assess investment opportunities for institutes and individuals
- An understanding of the techniques needed to finance corporate operations and expansion
- The ability to communicate financial concepts to others
Finance is a good choice for you if you:
- Want to acquire cutting-edge analytical skills
- Aspire to achieve higher earnings
- Want to put your career on the fast-track
- Desire to successfully manage your personal finances
Finance graduates can choose from careers that include banking, financial planning, corporate finance, financial analysis, insurance, real estate, cash management and forecasting.
The courses you would take include:
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Investments & Portfolio Analysis
- Principles of Corporate Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- International Finance
To see the complete list of program requirements and a recommended sequencing, please view the Undergraduate Degree Pathway.
Read more about the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
For the latest course information and descriptions, please visit the UMass Lowell online Academic Catalog.