Applications for Fall 2024 (Finance concentration only) are being accepted now through March 2, 2024. Our next recruiting cycle for the whole Ph.D. program starts in Spring 2025, for Fall 2025 entry.
The Finance concentration will develop scholars with a deep understanding of financial markets, investment theories, financial innovations and strategies and the current challenges facing financial specialists. This program will be grounded with course content, research methodologies and projects developed collaboratively by faculty and financial industry partners to meet the research challenges facing the financial community.
Five Required Foundation Courses (Common to all Ph.D. concentrations)
- MGMT.7300 Research Design Methods I
- ECON.7310 Statistics
- ECON.7330 Econometrics I
- ECON.7300 Microeconomic Theory
- FINA.7970 Managerial Research Seminar
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
Six Concentration Courses
- FINA.7200 Financial Economics and Research
- FINA.7400 Corporate Finance Theory
- FINA.7430 Seminar in Corporate Finance
- FINA.7410 Investment Theory
- FINA.7440 Seminar in Investment Analysis
- One Doctoral level elective
For more information on the Ph.D. program, please visit the Ph.D. in Business Administration page.