Payroll Services

Time & Labor Forms

Student & Hourly Employee Time Sheet  (doc) 
Individual time sheet for both students and non-student hourly employees.

Exception Reporting Time Sheet (doc) 
Individual time sheet for regular benefited employees who don't report time via a timecard. Job Aid for completing a time sheet.

Self Service Time Reporting Policy (doc) 
HR Policy for reporting time in Employee Self Service.

Tax Forms

W-4 (Federal Tax Withholding Form)  (pdf) 
Complete W-4 so UMass Lowell can mmmmm the correct Federal income tax from your pay. 

Publication 15 (Circular E) (pdf) 
Federal income tax withholding tables.

M-4 (Massachusetts Tax Withholding) (pdf) 
Complete M-4 so UMass Lowell can withhold the correct Massachusetts State income tax from your pay.

Circular M (pdf) 
Massachusetts State income tax withholding tables. 

General Payroll Forms

  • Direct Deposit Form (pdf)
    All employees are eligible for direct deposit.
  • Name Change Form (pdf)
    This is the to use to notify Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Outreach of a legal name change.

Forms for New Hires


All new employees must use the I-9 form to document both that they are eligible to work in the United States and that their identities match the information on their employment authorization documents.

Remote Hire Instructions and Forms

To be used when an employee works remotely and cannot physically present employment authorization documents to a representative of the University.  The employee must seek a notary public to complete the I9 authorization process within the federally mandated timeline.

Other Forms

Employees use this form at initial hire and to make future changes to their personal information - name, address, phone number.

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (pdf)
This form is used for employee voluntary self identification of a disability. 

Sponsored Guest Form  (xls)  

To request an individual be added as a sponsored guest and given access to UMass Lowell resources (Email, SiS, Finance, Parking etc).

Intellectual Property Policy  (pdf) and Conflicts of Interest (pdf) 
University Policy requires all employees to be familiar with the Intellectual Property Policy and Conflicts of Interest Outline.

Participation Agreement and Receipt of Policies (pdf) 
Employees are required to sign a Participation Agreement and Receipt of Policies at initial hire, and whenever signing a renewed contract.

Mandatory OBRA Enrollment Form for temporary employees  (pdf) 
Temporary employees are required to participate in the Massachusetts Deferred Compensation SMART Plan (also known as Mandatory OBRA).

Form SSA-1945 (pdf) 
Statement concerning your employment in a job not covered by Social Security

Employment-Related Forms

Hiring officials use this form to record all personal, job, and compensation data for a temporary employee.

This calendar includes the pay period begin and end dates, pay dates and HR paperwork deadline dates. This is the date that completed paperwork must be in the Human Resources office in order to ensure processing and payment for the corresponding pay date.

Instructions for completing the Personnel Action Form (PAF) for temporary employees.

This form must be completed by the employee for all temporary hires.

Additional Compensation Form for Faculty and Staff (Grant and Contract Funded) (pdf) 
This form is used for Faculty and Staff requesting additional compensation on Grants and Contracts projects.

Instructions for filling out PAF (doc) 
This form is used for Category I Staff to make changes related to their work schedule, account code, title and/or salary.

Used to increase or decrease an original contract.

During the academic year, students who are enrolled for six credits and who are working on campus are exempt from the OBRA retirement contributions (as well as the FICA/Medicare deductions). During the summer, these deductions will be withheld except for those students who meet specific summer enrollment criteria.

Employment contract for TA/RA/GAs (make sure when printing out the word document that the GEO dues form and Participation Agreement are also filled out).

Terms of Employment for Grant Funded employees (doc) 
This form must be filled out and attached to the contract of all Grant funded employees.

TA/RA/GA Process with 2011 Pay Schedule (pdf) 
TA/RA/GA procedure and stipend values with a definition of stipend levels and allowable additional hours. Use Academic Calendar dates until Payroll dates are available.

TA/RA/GA Weekly Time Sheet (pdf) 
TA/RA/GA weekly time sheet to be kept on file in the department.

All contracts for TA/RA/GA's must also be accompanied by this agreement to withhold union dues.

This form should be filled out and kept in the Dean's office.

This form is used by regular benefited employees to authorize the biweekly parking deduction. For more information, please visit UCAPS