Completed Application Package
For First-Year Applicants
A completed application for undergraduate admission to UMass Lowell daytime, on-campus programs includes the items listed below:
- Apply through one of the following methods:
- A non-refundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Your score from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), the American College Test (ACT) or you may select a No Test option.
- UMass Lowell’s CEEB (College Entrance Examination Board) code number is 3911 our ACT code number is 1854.
- Your official school transcript (grades 9-11).
- A personal essay of 250-650 words. Please write your full name on each essay page if submitting by mail. You may choose a Common Application essay option or respond to one of the following:
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What is the greatest challenge your generation will face? What ideas do you have for dealing with this issue?
- Formulate the perfect admissions essay question and answer it.
- A letter of recommendation from someone who is familiar with your abilities (a teacher, college counselor, coach, employer, etc.). If using the UMass Lowell web application, please feel free to download the recommendation form (pdf).
- Music applicants must complete an entrance audition with the music department.
- Art and Design applicants must submit a portfolio.
If you attend a high school where the language of instruction is not English, you have been identified as an English Language Learner, a student with limited English proficiency, or you have been unable to perform ordinary classroom work in English while enrolled in secondary school, you may be asked to submit test scores from a university-approved English proficiency exam. UMass Lowell will accept test results from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Duolingo, ASC English or Pearson exam results as proof of English proficiency.
For Transfer Applicants:
Requirements for transfer applicants can be found by visiting the Transfer - How to Apply webpage.
For International Applicants:
Additional requirements can be found by visiting the Undergraduate Application Requirements on the International Applicants website.