The university's Parking Committee, comprised of a cross-section of campus personnel, carefully considered and adopted a number of policy change recommendations for the 2018-2019 academic year. The following is a list of where student may park effective Sept. 1, 2018:
- New for 2018-2019: ICC residents may no longer park in the East Garage and Perkins Lot until the weekends or evenings on weekdays.
- Between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays, parking will only be permitted in the ICC Garage.
- Parking rates will remain the same as they were for the 2017-2018 academic year. The following is a list of where students may park effective September 1, 2018:
- Freshmen and sophomore commuter students* with north campus majors will be required to park at the Cross River Center located at 1001 Pawtucket Blvd.
- The lot will be serviced by a campus shuttle (Purple Line) running directly to North Campus.
- The shuttle will be at the lot for pick-ups every 10-15 minutes.
- Eligibility for this parking will be determined by student status as recognized by the Registrar's Office.
- North freshmen and sophomores may not park on North or South commuter lots.
- Freshmen and sophomore commuter students* with south campus majors will be required to park in the Broadway/Riverview Lot or South Garage on Broadway Street.
- South freshmen and sophomores may not park on North or East parking lots.
- Juniors, seniors and graduate students will be permitted to park in any commuter lot in Riverside Lot A, Riverside Lot B and North Garage Floors 1-2 on North Campus, as well as Broadway/Riverview and South Garage on South Campus.
- Resident students must park in the lots to which they are assigned. Resident student vehicles may not park in commuter lots.
- After 3 p.m. all students may park in the upper-class commuter surface lots on both North and South campuses.
Please go to the Parking Locations webpage for a complete listing and maps of parking facilities.
Please review the Transportation Services hours of operation and service lines at UMass Lowell Transportation Services website.
Download the Garage Spaces and RoadsterRoutes apps. Or view it on the NOW Student Dashboard.
*Freshmen are those students with less than 24 credits completed and sophomores are those students with less than 51 credits (note: Junior status is 54 credits, but we will allow students within 3 credits to be eligible for upperclassman parking status).