The leadership/organization studies concentration crafts scholars in organizational phenomena. In addition to rigorous training in research methodology and statistics, the concentration entails courses in the science of organizational behavior, organization theory, and leadership. Students build on this core grounding with tailored coursework that fits their research interests and chosen level of analysis. Accomplished faculty members mentor student research throughout the program and foster their engagement in the profession.
Five Required Foundation Courses (Common to all Ph.D. concentrations)
- Research Design Methods I
- Econometrics I
- Microeconomic Theory
- Managerial Research Seminar (non-credit)
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
- Research Design Methods II
- Econometrics II OR Qualitative Research Methods OR Multivariate Statistical Methods
Six Concentration Courses
- Seminar in Organization Theory
- Seminar in Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Theory and Concepts
- Doctoral level method elective
- Two Doctoral level electives
For the latest course information please visit the UMass Lowell online Graduate Catalog.