Skip to Main Content

Weather Alert 2/20/19: University parking ban begins at 11 p.m.

Student Employees

How Do I Get On Payroll?

If you are a new student employee and is not working as part of a financial aid award please:

  • visit our temporary employee page and complete the documents required for employment under the "Temporary Personnel Action form".
  • visit HR within 3 business days from your hire date to complete the I.9 process.

If you are a new student working on campus as part of the financial aid package(campus work program or Federal Work-Study Program), confirm that your hiring process is complete with financial aid.

How do I get paid?

  • For all student employees, once you have confirmed that you have been hired, please visit HR Direct to post any hours you work each week. Here is the reporting time job aid to assist you with how you can post your hours.


  • 70/30 Withholding Form-allows a student employee to have 70% of their earnings paid directly toward their student account. Please note: OPT IN to the program, allocating 70% of earnings directly to your student account.
  • Students Working during the Summer (pdf) During the academic year, students who are enrolled for six credits and who are working on campus are exempt from the OBRA retirement contributions (as well as the FICA/Medicare deductions). During the summer, these deductions will be withheld except for those students who meet specific summer enrollment criteria.

Additional Student Information:

  • Are you an Immersive Scholar? Learn more about the Immersive Scholars program(Formerly know as Co-op Scholars).
  • How can I validate that the hours I entered will be paid?
  • How can I see the details of my paycheck if I am on direct deposit or the visa card?