- W-4 (Federal Tax Withholding Form)
Complete W-4 so UMass Lowell can withhold the correct Federal income tax from your pay.
- Tax Withholding Estimator
Internal Revenue Service's tax withholding estimator.
- Publication 15 (Circular E) (pdf)
Federal income tax withholding tables.
- M-4 (Massachusetts Tax Withholding)
Complete the M-4 so UMass Lowell can withhold the correct Massachusetts State income tax from your pay.
- Circular M (pdf)
Massachusetts State income tax withholding tables.
- Withholdings for employees living and working outside the Commonwealth
General Payroll Forms
For changes or updates to your Direct Deposit please consult the job aids on the General Access webpage for HR Direct Employee Self-service.
- Name Change Form (pdf)
This is the to use to notify Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Outreach of a legal or preferred name change.
- Sponsored Guest Form (pdf)
To request an individual be added as a sponsored guest and given access to UMass Lowell resources (Email, SiS, Finance, Parking etc.)
Forms for New Hires
- Section 1 of the Form I-9 must be completed by the employee no later than the first day of employment.
- Section 2 of Form I-9, must be completed remotely within three business days of your first day of employment, which includes verification of original documents showing your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Verification of Acceptable IDs to complete Form I-9 can be done on behalf of the university in person by either a family member of your household, friend, neighbor, co-worker, banker, clergy member, or anyone else who knows you well enough. Please provide the required contact information (below) of the designated person doing the ID verification so they can be sent a secure link in order to upload the document needed for completing Step 2 of Form I-9's verification process. Your designee will need a valid email address and access to a mobile device or computer to complete the verification process. Please refer to Instructions for Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf) document for more information.
Failure to comply with any of the above conditions of employment can result in the withdrawal of this employment offer.
Required Contact Information of Designee:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
If you cannot complete Section 2 of Form I-9 remotely, please contact the Human Resources office by email: email@example.com or phone: 978-934-3560 to schedule an appointment with one of our representatives to assist you.
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability (pdf)
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Veteran Status (pdf)
- Intellectual Property Policy (pdf)
- Conflicts of Interest (pdf)
University Policy requires all employees to be familiar with the Intellectual Property Policy and Conflicts of Interest Outline.
- Participation Agreement and Receipt of Policies (pdf)
Employees are required to sign a Participation Agreement and Receipt of Policies at initial hire, and whenever signing a renewed contract.
- Mandatory OBRA Enrollment Form for temporary employees (pdf)
Temporary employees are required to participate in the Massachusetts Deferred Compensation SMART Plan (also known as Mandatory OBRA).
- Form SSA-1945 (pdf)
Statement concerning your employment in a job not covered by Social Security.
- Terms of Employment for all temporary employees (doc)
This form must be completed by the employee for all temporary hires.
- Additional Compensation Form for Faculty (pdf)
This form is used for Faculty requesting additional compensation.
- Additional Compensation Form for Staff (pdf)
This form is used for Staff requesting additional compensation.
- Office of Research Administration Personnel Action Form (docusign)
- Form for Students Working during the Summer (pdf)
During the academic year, students who are enrolled for six credits and who are working on campus are exempt from the OBRA retirement contributions (as well as the FICA/Medicare deductions). During the summer, these deductions will be withheld except for those students who meet specific summer enrollment criteria.
- GEO Dues Reduction (docusign)
All contracts for TA/RA/GA's must also be accompanied by this agreement to withhold union dues.