JED Campus Partnership
Parents and guardians
UMass Lowell has joined JED Campus - a nationwide initiative of The Jed Foundation (JED) designed to empower schools with a comprehensive framework and customized support to enhance student mental health, substance misuse, and suicide prevention efforts. As a JED Campus school, UMass Lowell has embarked on a multi-year strategic collaboration that assesses and enhances the work that is already being done and helps to create positive, lasting systemic change in our campus community.
At UMass Lowell, we believe mental health promotion, substance misuse and suicide prevention efforts are a campus-wide responsibility. We understand the importance of providing a safe environment where your student can learn and grow, which is why we strive for excellence in making UMass Lowell a healthy and supportive community.
As a result of JED Campus, your student will develop a sense of belonging and connectedness to their peers, professors, advisors, coaches and staff across the campus community. Your student will also learn key life skills to manage their daily schedule, academic course load, relationships, and physical and mental health. Most of all, your student will be provided with resources and support encouraging them to seek help when needed.
- Set to Go is a program from The Jed Foundation (JED) built to help teens prepare for the transition out of high school. Emotional preparedness for life after high school involves five key areas of knowledge and skill development. Set to Go provides a wealth of information about each.
- Starting the Conversation: College and Your Mental Health
- Back to School Mental Health Checklist
- Additional resources for family and friends.
- Family programs has information on ways we can partner to help your student succeed.