Parking Policy for Faculty and Staff
UMass Lowell continues to grow in size and reputation, and managing parking inventory is essential in maintaining a fair and equitable system is critical.
The university's Parking Committee, comprised of representatives from a cross-section of campus, carefully considered and adopted a number of policy change recommendations for the 2022-2023 academic year.
SUMMARYSummary of Policy Changes
- Decals must be ordered online. Decals will not be available in-office and will be mailed via USPS to the address selected during ordering. Decals will not be sent via interoffice mail to departments.
- All parking fees for faculty/staff will resume on September 1, 2022.
- North: There are no changes to the parking lot assignments on North Campus.
- The Lower Mahoney Lot will be converted to a metered parking lot for all faculty/staff, students, and visitors. Note all individuals must pay the posted rates in the ParkMobile app, irrespective of parking permit.
- Carpool parking will be relocated from the Lower Mahoney Lot to Solomont Way to serve as a more central location for carpoolers.
- East: There are no changes to the parking lot assignments on East Campus.
Parking Rates for the 2022-2023 academic year are as follows:
- Cabinet Parking - $1400 / year
- University Crossing Preferred - $700 / year
- Wannalancit Preferred East Courtyard - $700 /year
- GPS Center Preferred - $700 / year
- Wannalancit Preferred Tremont - $600 / year
- Department Chairs - $400 / year
- Benefited Faculty / Staff - $400 / year
- Adjunct Faculty - $65 / semester
The above benefited employees and adjunct faculty are required to enroll in a pre-tax payroll deduction. This is deducted each pay period that the faculty / staff member is paid.
- Non-Benefited Staff - $175 / year