University of Massachusetts Lowell Annual FERPA Notification
The University of Massachusetts Lowell considers the following data informational in nature and may be released without permission of the student, at the discretion of the university:
- student's name and student’s major
- student’s hometown
- acknowledgement of a student's participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- weight and height of members of athletic teams
- date(s) of attendance; degrees, certificates, awards received
- the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student
- appointment as a Resident Assistant or Community Development Assistant
- for graduate students who are teaching credit courses, work department, office address, and employment category are also defined as directory information
Preventing Disclosure of Your Information
If students wish to prevent directory information from being disclosed, they may submit the Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information form to the Registrar's Office.
Consider very carefully the consequences of any decision made by you to withhold the "Directory Information." Should you decide to inform the university not to release your "Directory Information," any future requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations will be refused.
Your request to withhold release of this information will prevent the University, except under a signed release and a copy of photo ID, from
- certifying your enrollment status,
- listing your name in any newspaper releases pertaining to dean's list, graduation, awards, etc.
- listing your name on the university website for participation in projects or winning awards;
- being included in university publications such as the website and magazine.
The university will honor your request to withhold the information listed below but cannot assume responsibility to contact you for subsequent permission to release them. Regardless of the effect upon you, the university assumes no liability for honoring your instructions that such information be withheld.