Steps to formalize your laser safety training
New Users training
- Complete the laser safety training (below) with embedded quiz.
- Complete the Laser Worker Authorization form. Once you have been instructed on your labs general safety have your Principal Investigator (PI) sign the form (hardcopy or digital).
- Complete your site specific training (provided by your lab supervisor) associated with the laser(s) in your lab (Site Specific Training Form) and have signed by your PI (hardcopy or digital).
- Please navigate to the training database website to request new trainings (laser or radiation). For clarification on how to enter information refer to the written instructions (pdf). Refresher training email notifications will come out (within 2 years of initial training) so please follow the instruction to renew your training when necessary or your status as a radiation worker will be revoked.
- The labs PI must approve your training status as an active member and after site specific training is complete through the PI training database link under awaiting approval (LOGIN required)
- Contact the Radiation Safety Office to set up a face-to-face training and be sure to bring the laser worker authorization form and site specific training forms signed by your PI or digitally submitted prior. The status of your training can be seen on our Safety Certification Website.
- Review sections 7-10 (Haz analysis, Controls, programs, and examples sections) of the laser safety training (below), and take the embedded quiz.
- The Radiation Safety Office will automatically be notified of your passing quiz results and will update your training record.
laser-safety-trainingLaser Safety Training
|Lessons & Link||Description|
|Laser Training||Laser safety training for the new user and refresher training|