Virtual Workshop July 10-14, Idea Pitch Contest Awards July 19
- Virtual Accelerated 1-week workshop
- Workshop Session Dates: July 10 - 14, 9 - 10:30 a.m. ET, with optional mentoring 8-9 a.m. ET
- Idea Pitch Awards: July 19, 2023, 9 - 10:30 a.m. ET
- No cost workshop
UMass Lowell Students:
- UMass Lowell students should register for ENTR.6100 (graduate description) or ENTR.4100 (undergraduate description). The 1-week GE2 Workshop is a component within these courses.
- Use our Class Search tool and choose the filter "Summer 2023" to look at the summer schedule for these courses.
Non-UMass Lowell Students:
- Non-UMass Lowell students should register for the 1-week GE2 Workshop through the Idea Platform.
The workshop is designed to help students understand the importance of entrepreneurship and innovation in today's global economy, and to cultivate an entrepreneurial mind-set. Students will work as part of inter-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams, exploring problem solving techniques, opportunity identification, business concept development, and venture planning using standard business model frameworks to bring their ideas to reality. The workshop will culminate with a Venture Pitch Competition.
During the workshop, students will work on real-life technological/social projects, evaluate their commercialization potential and opportunity, and build a business model. Students should be prepared to explore opportunities on a global basis, thus leveraging their own national and regional knowledge. The success of any venture is built on knowledge in multiple business areas, so students will be encouraged to leverage concepts from engineering, marketing, operations, finance, etc.
- Essentials of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Model Generation, Lean Launchpad
- Customer Discovery and Development
- Design Thinking Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Team Building and Leadership
- Market Research
- Making Presentations
- Financing New Ventures & Venture Implementation
Recognition of Completion:
All three of the following requirements must be met to receive a Recognition of Completion:
- Attend each GE2 Workshop session July 10-14, 2023
- Actively participate in an Idea Pitch team
- Submit a video to the Idea Pitch Contest
Email: William_Yelle@uml.edu for group registration information.