Presently, two sessions are offered: summer in Lowell and winter Hubli, India. Being interdisciplinary and multicultural, students learn as much from each other as they do about themselves.
UMass Lowell students can take up to 6 credits of electives at both undergraduate and graduate levels:
- Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation - undergraduate step 1, step 2
- Entrepreneurship Strategy Implementation Capstone (only for Study Abroad sessions to Manning seniors)
- Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation - graduate step 1, step 2
If a student is interested in taking 6 credits, the first class will be Venture Planning and second class will be Venture Implementation.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
The Manning School of Business has been involved in student exchange and study abroad programs since 2014. There have been 15 such sessions; 5 in Hubli (India), 2 in China and 9 in Lowell. Almost 820 students and faculty from 17 countries have gone through these programs.
MSB has bi-lateral agreements with four institutes for these programs:
- KLE Technological University (Hubli, India);
- Nanjing University of Postal & telecommunications (Nanjing, China);
- University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (Bangkok, Thailand); and
- University of Guyana (Georgetown, Guyana)
As a part of these study abroad and student exchange programs, students have worked on projects from UMass Lowell New Venture Development, faculty research and M2D2. This has positively impacted both students and sponsors.
Learn more about faculty-led courses abroad, on the Study Abroad website.