Applications for Fall 2023 are being accepted now through March 1, 2023.
The objective of the Marketing Concentration is to train students in the theories and methods necessary to conduct substantive research in areas including marketing strategy, consumer behavior, new product and service development, social media, digital marketing, and retailing. Strong emphasis is given to providing the students with the skills to contribute to extant knowledge in the marketing discipline as well as the flexibility to customize the program based on their interests and career goals.
Five Required Foundation Courses (Common To All Ph.D. Concentrations)
- MGMT.7300 Research Design Methods I
- ECON.7310 Statistics
- ECON.7330 Econometrics I
- ECON.7300 Microeconomic Theory
- XXXX.7970 Managerial Research Seminar (concentration specific)
Two Required Advanced Research Design/Methods Courses
- MGMT.7330 Research Design Methods II
- ECON.7340 Econometrics II OR MIST.7370 Multivariate Statistical Methods
Six Concentration Courses
- ENTR.7430 Seminar in Innovation and New Product Development
- Seminar in Marketing Strategy
- Seminar in Consumer Behavior
- Seminar in Business-to-Business Marketing
- Two Approved Doctoral level electives
And complete all dissertation credits and requirements.
For more information on the Ph.D. program, please visit the Ph.D. in Business Administration page.