Faculty Led Seminars Abroad incorporate a study abroad experience to a UMass Lowell class. Travel as a group of UMass Lowell students and faculty to the location of the seminar topic.
View the Faculty Led Seminars Abroad available for upcoming semesters, winter or summer session:
- Log-in / Create profile in the UMass Lowell Study Abroad Portal
- Use the Program Search filter "Program Type" to search all Faculty Led programs
- The Seminar may be offered and therefore registered as a course in the student schedule during a full semester, winter intersession or summer session.
- The study abroad experience may take place during a semester break, such as spring break, winter intersession or summer session.
- The experience abroad may be as short as 7-12 days (for example over spring break or winter intersession) or as long as 3-6 weeks (for example over summer session).
- Financial Aid and Scholarships are applicable.
All seminars can satisfy:
- Breadth of Knowledge core curriculum course requirements (such as Arts & Humanities or Social Sciences).
- Major or Minor course requirements.
- Global Engagement course and/or experience requirement within the River Hawk Experience Distinction (RHED) Program. This program offers students the opportunity to earn recognition by bringing together academic and experiential learning outside the classroom. Upon graduation, students earning the Distinction will receive a certificate of recognition and notation on their official transcript.
- Non-Honors Seminars can still satisfy an Honors requirement through completing the Honors Experiential Learning Opportunity (HELO) form.